Tuesday 14 August 2012

Salmas Chocolates



Yesterday I was surprised by a delivery of 2 incredibly delicious boxes of chocolates from Salma's Chocolates. It was about 4pm, I'd been super busy all day trying to hit deadlines before Eid and once again skipped lunch. Yes, I'm an infidel.



So, I was very excited to receive some chocolates yesterday afternoon. It also happened, that my team here at work were also excited to see that I had received some chocolates. It was not long before the vultures started circling, and I gave a box to a girl on my team who's recently gotten pregnant. I think inside of 5 minutes she had managed to polish off half of her box! I shared the other box with the team and it was decided that the chocolates were some of the best any of us have ever had.


What I'm trying to say here is, that these chocolates are actually really good. Honestly I think they are even better than the delicious little treats made by Patchi. They are similarly priced, the box pictured above is about RO 5.9. Now obviously these are not priced so that everyone can buy them, but if you are going to an Iftar, or an Eid celebration and are not sure what to bring, I recommend you give these a shot.

As I've blogged about it previously, Salma's Chocolates is part of the Intajee initiative which is geared towards promoting domestically produced produce, and now, it seems, chocolates too :)

You can currently buy these chocolates from The Sultan Center in Qurum, as well as directly from Salma's chocolates shop in Azaiba which is situated behind the Zubair building.

They have a website here (but it's currently down) and this is their facebook page.

They also have a fancy Youtube video.... (it's in Arabic but it's still pretty good to watch, if you like chocolates...)


le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment