Friday 23 September 2011

Kaya Skin Clinic



Over the weekend I was invited to experience Kaya Skin Clinic's new treatment for facial skin... Aqua Radiance. Being a guy, I initially thought that there had been a mistake and suggested I sent my wife for the treatment instead, but the kind people at Kaya said that, no, it's actually a treatment for skin, men’s or women’s skin.

Having never had any sort of treatments like this in the past, I was a little nervous about the experience: Was it going to hurt? Was it going to be uncomfortable? And most importantly, was I going to be turned into a woman? After asking the boss and a few lady friends, I felt confident enough to go along and see what the experience was like. I think I heard them sniggering behind me but I cant be sure.

The Muscat clinic is located in Shatti, just off the newly dualized road from Al Fair Sarooj to the Bowsher Police station - it is on Way 3013, Villa 879. Firstly, parking is fairly cramped out front, but if you go to the rear of the building, there is a lot more parking space there.

I walked into the clinic and was immediately struck by how professional it looked. No dodgy salon here then. The staff was friendly and immediately the Manager popped out and said, "I assume you’re Mr Sythe then?”, which was handy, because I really was not feeling too confident and was grateful not to have to say more than I had to! I was whisked into a waiting room and offered a drink and a form to fill in.

After a brief chat with a doctor to review my skin type and for her to select the correct range of vitamins for application, I was off upstairs with the very capable Anita to receive my treatment.

It lasted for about an hour and a half and was very relaxing, I actually fell asleep at one point!
The treatment started off with a facial massage with some Aloe Vera gel, which was chilled and was really refreshing when massaged onto my face. After this massage, the real genius of the treatment came into effect - most of the treatment is administered via a supersonic air jet mixed with saline water.

First, they used the air massager to drain my lymphatic system, then cranked up the pressure a bit and did 2 passes on my face to exfoliate the skin. The science-y bit is the blasts of air penetrate deep into the skin, and as it's with water it is actually good for the skin. Clever.

Once the exfoliation was complete, the specially-selected vitamins and minerals were mixed into the air jet machine and infused into my skin - it felt so cooling and relaxing - I actually felt better and better as it was being applied. Then finally to wrap things up, a mask was applied to my face and left for 20 minutes... it turned all rubbery and peeled off in one piece! I would share a picture with you all of how I looked.... but it's too scary and so not this time!

All in all, I actually really enjoyed the experience. My skin really does feel refreshed, it looks clearer and it feels like it fits my face better - perhaps a little tighter? It feels good anyhow. The treatment costs RO 60 and lasts for 90 minutes, and is open to both men and women to try. The people at Kaya also mentioned that they do a lot of beard shaping treatments for men who like a finely manicured beard, which I never thought about.

You can call them on 2460 1700 / 2460 4300 to make an appointment - they have a lot of other services on offer, but the Aqua Radiance treatment is their specialty. So if you’re a husband and reading this and wondering what to get your wife for a gift.... consider this!

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment