Monday 1 August 2011

And so it begins.

Last night the moon was spotted and so Ramadan began, personally I was having dinner at the Dolphin club and they came round with requests for last orders - thats how I found out!

These are my top 5 tips for surviving Ramadan as a non-muslim:

1. Expect very little to be done by any Government offices
2. Order your lunch to be delivered, or bring a pack lunch. I understand most restaurants will deliver during the day.
3. Get invited to the many house parties that take place during this month.
4. Do not drive, anywhere, at all, in the last 3 hours of daylight, your playing a rigged lottery and the odds are not in your favour.
5. Make sure you drink a lot of water before going to any meetings.

And, a little picture I posted last year at this time, I think it's fairly instructive:

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment