Sunday 11 November 2012

Safari roof top grill house

Recently I went for dinner at the Safari roof top grill house at the Hyatt here in town for the first time this "winter" as they have lowered their pricing and I wanted to check it out.

It's pretty much the same as before, but the 3 different prices are now including all taxes: RO 25, 30 or 35 for various different main course options, before it used to be these prices, plus the taxes - so thats a nice saving on the old pricing schedule.

Of course all of these options include a salad bar and soup option to start, the main course, and a selection of amazing deserts. And then there is of course unlimited selected beverages (includes wine and beer as well). In the past I've had many hazy nights on the roof top and have broken a personal best record for the number of bottles of Tiger consumed in an evening a few times there!


The salad bar was really good, but it didn't contain the usual suspects (tomatoes / cucumbers etc), and I personally didn't mind. The salad mix that I made for myself was really good, and to be honest I considered going back for more but knew I'd have to save room for the rest of the meal! The soup option was cream of mushroom on the night that I went, and as I'm not a fan of that I didn't try it so I can't really comment on that!

The Tenderloin

The T Bone

I opted for a Mulwara T bone (from the RO 30 menu) and Mrs Sythe went for the Angus Beef Tenderloin from the RO 35 menu. Both were amazing! The roasted vegetables were really nice too, but I found that the mashed potatoes were not the best, but I am pretty picky about my spuds.... :/

After the main course we had a break before going for desert. Now the desert menu consists of 6 different options and I wanted them all, they all looked so delicious! After much discussion, we finally picked these two: Sticky toffee pudding and the classic lemon tart with raspberry coulis...



They didn't last long at all! And when we were done, and I had decided that licking the plate was not really an option, I decided to make a palm tree with the garnish and my toothpick packaging :)


The lemon thing was so delicious, I want more of it!

All in all we had a great time, and with the mashed potatoes aside, everything was perfect. It's definitely worth considering if you want to celebrate someones birthday or just have a get together with friends, or even a nice quite meal in the week with a few drinks.

To make a reservation you can email muscat.dining@hyatt.com or call 2464 1234.

le fin.


No comments:

Post a Comment