Friday 4 May 2012

Omani product spotlight: Dahabi bread



Time for another semi-regular post on local Omani products that I use. This one's a fairly new product that I've seen when grocery shopping. I've not seen it for sale in Al Fair or Carrefour yet, but I buy it at Lulu's or The Sultan Center.

Makes excellent toast and eggy bread!

If you click the picture you can read the nutritional info


It is Dahabi bread. Mrs Sythe has been buying their flour products for years, so we recognized the brand and figured we'd give it a go and were pleasantly surprised. The bread comes in plastic bags as you can see, with handy easy-clips to keep the bag sealed. The loaves come in 3 different sizes, we buy the middle size, 450g - it seems to work best for us.

The bread is produced by the Atyab Bakery which is in Barka. They have a website here.

Now I'm sure a few of you are wondering about Al Fair's bread, and yes, I like their bread too - but I'm not always at Al Fair, nor always want to pay 700bz for a loaf of bread when all I want is toast. I find this Dahabi bread works well for me :)

More soon.

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment