Sunday 15 January 2012

An open letter to Horizon Fitness.


Dear Ms Jawhara Abdullah Moosa, owner of Horizon Fitness,

Once upon a time (4 years ago) I signed up to the Horizon Fitness gym in MQ - I bought 2 annual memberships, one for me and one for Mrs Sythe. I actually got into going to the gym for a while, but Mrs Sythe found that the gym was small and felt uncomfortable with so many clearly under-age children ogling her.

I even once tried out a personal trainer, and quickly realized they clearly didnt have any interest in training me, just showing me how to use machines and do various exercises and not actually train me. The method was - here do this, OK I'll be back in a minute, at which point I'd then be introduced to some different exercise technique. I felt it wasn't worth the money so discontinued it.

The apparent relaxation of rules regarding no children in the gym became the reason why both finally I and Mrs Sythe decided to stop attending your gym. Kids hogging machines, carelessly dropping weights and equipment, failing to wipe down their stations when done and generally being an inconvenience.

Now I'm not trashing your gym, or chain of gyms as it now is (and ever expanding I see - congratulations, it appears Bank Muscat have had your back these last 13 years) - your gym's are a great thing, and there is certainly a demand for them. I just feel that the 42 spam SMS messages that you have sent me in the last 12 months (I have saved them all in my phone and am happy to prove it to anyone who doubts me) is a little over the top. Especially seeing as I have personally been into your gym 3 separate times to request my number be removed from your distribution list. I even tried sending a SMS to Oman Mobile to set my number to Do-Not-Send for commercial offers via SMS. Yet still your army of SMSing drones continue to inform me of "special offers" that I have absolutely no interest in.

Please stop spamming me with your crap, if I want to join your stupid gym I know where it is.

Love & kisses,

Mr Sythe

le fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment